Free document delivery for MSU faculty, staff, and students
This service provides scans of non-electronic journal articles and individual book chapters that the MSU Libraries own to MSU faculty, staff, and students for personal research. Documents will be delivered through your library ILLiad account in 2 to 3 business days.
After finding an available item in the MSU Libraries catalog, use the Request Article/Chapter link (as displayed below) to request a scan. Please be sure to identify the chapter or article wanted.
Requests may also be submitted directly by logging onto the Libraries' ILLiad system and selecting “Article Request.” Please complete the form as fully as possible.
Please assist us in maintaining relatively quick service by observing the following procedural guidelines:
- Copyright Guidelines prohibit the Library from scanning multiple articles from the same issue of a journal.
- All requests must be submitted via the form provided on the Web.
- Only one request per order form will be accepted. Multiple requests on a single form will be returned.
The following bibliographic information must be included. Incomplete or incorrect citations cannot be processed.
- For journal articles, supply the journal title, volume and issue number, date, pages to be scanned. An author and title of the article is desired but not required.
- For a book chapter, supply the author and title of the book, the publisher, date of publication, author and title of the chapter needed and pages to be copied.
- If the MSU copy is unavailable at the time of the request we will arrange to obtain it from another library. This may add another 2-3 days before the request is fulfilled.
Questions about this service should be directed to InterLibrary Services at (517) 884-6398.