Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Renew Library Materials Online
- Log into Your Library Account
- Select the "# item(s) currently checked out" link.
- Click the box to the left of each item you wish to renew or click "Renew All" at the top or bottom of the page.
- If you selected items, click "Renew Selected" at the top or bottom of the webpage.
- The webpage will ask you to confirm the items you wish to renew. Click YES if correct. Click NO if not correct and try again.
- You will then be able to view the updated due dates or see if some items could not be renewed.
- Close your browser to protect your privacy if you are on a public computer!
- Some library material is not eligible for renewal. If you attempt to renew such material, "Renewal not allowed" will appear in the status field (near the due date).
If you renew an item, you confirm that you still have that item. Therefore, before renewing, you are responsible for:
- Carefully matching material that you plan to renew against library material in your possession.
- Immediately reporting any discrepancy to the branch library from which material was checked out or (for Main Library items) Circulation Services at 517/355-2333.
- After clicking "renew," examining the STATUS column for each book to determine if it renewed.
- If it renewed, please note the new due date for your records.
- If it did not renew, return the material promptly! NOTE: Even if you don't notice that an item did not renew, you are responsible for any overdue/recall fines.
See MSU Library "Lending Policies and Borrower Responsibilities" for library policies.