Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Main Library Copy Center is located on the 2nd Floor of the West Wing and has its own hours of operation.
For questions or more information, contact the Copy Center staff by phone at (517) 884-6386
- Jill Thornton, Unit Head — Phone: (517) 884-0843 and E–mail: email@example.com
Main Library Copy Center Services and Useful Information
All services except color copying, large format scanning, and poster lamination are self–serve. Staff will assist with set up and explain features of the equipment. The Copy Center has a limited amount of small office supplies, paper, and cardstock on sale. All supplies are subject to Michigan sales tax.
Useful Information and Other Services
|Black & White Copies||Letter or Legal||$0.09|
|Black & White Copies||11x17||$0.18|
|Black & White Transparencies||letter||$0.50|
|Color Copies||Letter or Legal||$0.30; University Accounts|
|Laser printing: Black &White –single or double sided||Letter or Legal||$0.05 per side|
|Laser printing: Black &White –single or double sided||11x17||$0.10 per side|
|Laser printing: Color – single or double sided||Letter or Legal||$0.40 per side|
|Laser printing: Color – single or double sided||11x17||$0.80 per side|
|Microform Printing||all sizes||$0.10|
|Microcard printing||all sizes||$0.10 per page|
|HP Plotter – full color||36 inch wide roll feed||$6.00 per linear foot|
|HP Plotter – full color||36 inch wide roll feed||$8.40 per linear foot for Premium Paper|
|HP Plotter – 25% color||36 inch wide roll feed||$3.60 per linear foot|
|HP Plotter – line drawing||36 inch wide roll feed||$1.80 per linear foot|
|Color or Black & White Scanning - Sheet-fed or Bookedge||Ltr, Legal & 11x17||$0.05 per scan|
|Microform Scanning||Ltr, Legal & 11x17||no charge if saved to personal USB or CD|
|Large Format Scanning– roll feed||42 inch width max, any length||$1.00 per scan|
|Pouch||Wallet Size||$0.10 per card|
|Pouch||Letter||$1.00 per sheet|
|Pouch||11x17||$1.50 per sheet|
|Poster Size– Clear||38" wide– roll feed of any length||$6.00 per linear foot|
|US/Canada||Ltr, Legal & 11x17||$0.50 per page|
|International||Ltr, Legal & 11x17||$1.00 per page|
- University Accounts - only pay $0.20 per color copy.
Payment is made to the Copy Center cashier at the time of service.
- Cash – Bills up to $50 accepted
- Personal Check – ID required
- University Departmental Account – Customer must fill out an account charge form which includes the departmental account number to be charged, department’s name, contact campus email address and phone number.
NOTE: The Copy Center does not accept Spartan Cash and cannot charge to student accounts.
Black and White Toshiba e-studio 356
- Photocopying on White or Color paper, Cardstock, and Transparencies
- Image Reduction/Enlargement
- Sheet fed copying with collated and stapled output
- Two sided copies from facing pages in a bound book in one scan
- Image combination/Image separation
Other copiers located in the Main Library and Branches
There are a number of coin operated/card operated copiers in each Branch Library and the Main Library. In the Main Library, these machines are available all hours the Library is open, including hours that the Copy Center is closed. Copies made with Cash on coin–operated machines are 10¢ each and machines accept coins, $1 and $5.
The location of Main Library coin–operated or copy card machines:
- First floor near Reference Desk/Main Lobby
- First Floor near Circulation Desk
- Basement West Wing
- 3rd Floor West Wing in the Map Library
- 4th Floor West Wing in the Fine Arts Library