Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
U.S. Copyright Law
- Copyright Law from the Library of Congress website.
- Copyright Term Extension and Music Licensing Act (a/k/a the Sony Bono Copyright Term Extension Act) [pdf] is an addition to U.S. copyright law as of 1998.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act [pdf]
- EDUCAUSE Resource Center - more information on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Technology, Education and Copyright Harmonization Act (the TEACH Act) redefines the terms and conditions on which accredited, nonprofit educational institutions throughout the U.S. may use copyright-protected materials in distance education.