Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Useful Copyright Links
- MSU DMCA Policy
- Course Materials Program - for all clearance and copyright issues related to coursepacks
- Association of Research Libraries Know Your Copy Rights
Other Copyright Resources
- US Copyright Office
- Copyright Clearance Center, home page
- Stanford Copyright and Fair Use site
- University of Minnesota Copyright Information & Education Initiative
- Copyright Advisory Office - Columbia University Libraries. Multiple perspectives on issues of interest to educators and many resources and links.
- Fair Use Checklist - A tool for evaluating proposed use of specific material; may be used to document the decision process.
- CNI-Copyright list - A copyright discussion list hosted by the Coalition for Networked Information