Engineering Library Closing
The Engineering Library is scheduled to close permanently on Friday, December 18th, 2015. Any changes and progress will be posted here.
Since this is an ongoing project, there will be times when the Engineering Library is noisy. Alternatively, quiet study and group study spaces are available in the Main, Math, and Business Libraries.
Beginning Fall Semester 2015, Engineering Course Reserves will be housed in and checked out from the Main Library Reserves (the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor).
Many Engineering books and the current issues of the print journals have been moved to the Main Library. Low-use materials will be moved to our Remote Storage facility. Daily runs to Remote Storage allow prompt retrieval of materials. Please see the library catalog for locations and availability.
Circulation & Lending Policies
In order to check out materials you must provide a valid M.S.U. student, faculty, staff, or Community Borrower's ID.
Books and journals may be renewed by logging into Your Account, by mailing in the overdue notice, or by bring items or lists of barcodes to the Engineering Library. Materials are subject to recall after two weeks if requested by another user.
For general MSU Library circulation policies please see Lending Policies & Borrower Responsibilities.
- Undergraduate Students - 21 days.
- Graduate Students - 180 days.
- Faculty or Staff - 180 days.
- Community Borrowers - 21 days.
- Bound journals - 21 days.
- 4 hour loan, no overnight checkout.
- Laptops may be used anywhere in the Engineering building.
- Laptops only circulate to Engineering faculty, staff, and students.
- Overdue laptops accumulate fines at the rate of $6.00 per hour, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- 2 hour loan, no overnight checkout.
- Overdue reserve materials accumulate fines at the rate of $1.00 per hour, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.