Circulation & Lending Policies
In order to check out materials you must provide a valid M.S.U. student, faculty, staff, or Community Borrower's ID.
Books and journals may be renewed by logging into Your Account, by mailing in the overdue notice, or by bring items or lists of barcodes to the Engineering Library. Materials are subject to recall after two weeks if requested by another user.
For general MSU Library circulation policies please see Lending Policies & Borrower Responsibilities.
- Undergraduate Students - 21 days.
- Graduate Students - 180 days.
- Faculty or Staff - 180 days.
- Community Borrowers - 21 days.
- Bound journals - 21 days.
- 4 hour loan, no overnight checkout.
- Laptops may be used anywhere in the Engineering building.
- Laptops only circulate to Engineering faculty, staff, and students.
- Overdue laptops accumulate fines at the rate of $6.00 per hour, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- 2 hour loan, no overnight checkout.
- Overdue reserve materials accumulate fines at the rate of $1.00 per hour, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.