Engineering Library Closing
The Engineering Library is scheduled to close permanently on Friday, December 18th, 2015. Any changes and progress will be posted here.
Since this is an ongoing project, there will be times when the Engineering Library is noisy. Alternatively, quiet study and group study spaces are available in the Main, Math, and Business Libraries.
Beginning Fall Semester 2015, Engineering Course Reserves will be housed in and checked out from the Main Library Reserves (the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor).
Many Engineering books and the current issues of the print journals have been moved to the Main Library. Low-use materials will be moved to our Remote Storage facility. Daily runs to Remote Storage allow prompt retrieval of materials. Please see the library catalog for locations and availability.
Facts & Figures
12,500 square feet
Collaborative Technology Labs
- 2 rooms with Smartboards and seating for five
- 2 work areas with large monitors and seating for five
- 1 room with a white board and seating for six
- 99,000 volumes
- 450 periodical subscriptions
- Electronic resources to support Engineering research
- Open 103 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters
- Reference services available in person, phone, and email
- 23 computer terminals
- E-token printer available
- DECS Printer
- Aladdin Rainbow Reader for the visually impaired
- Self-service Copy Center
- Laptops for check out to Engineering students