Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Engineering Library Closing
The Engineering Library is scheduled to close permanently on Friday, December 18th, 2015. Any changes and progress will be posted here.
Since this is an ongoing project, there will be times when the Engineering Library is noisy. Alternatively, quiet study and group study spaces are available in the Main, Math, and Business Libraries.
Beginning Fall Semester 2015, Engineering Course Reserves will be housed in and checked out from the Main Library Reserves (the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor).
Many Engineering books and the current issues of the print journals have been moved to the Main Library. Low-use materials will be moved to our Remote Storage facility. Daily runs to Remote Storage allow prompt retrieval of materials. Please see the library catalog for locations and availability.
The Engineering Library has three types of labs:
- 1 lab with aSmart Board - use the Interactive Smart Board and DECS applications computer to enhance group work and collaborative efforts (CTL 1)
- 1 lab for group study only (CTL 2)
- 1 lab with whiteboard (CTL 3)
- Please be sure to check in at the Engineering Library circulation desk to confirm before each reservation.
- After 5 no shows campus-wide, patrons are blocked from reserving rooms. If you decide you no longer need your reservation you need to cancel your appointment in order to avoid being considered a no show.
- Room reservations will be held for 15 minutes. If you do not arrive within 15 minutes of your reservation time a no show will be recorded.
- Groups of 2-8 may use the rooms.
- Rooms close 1 hour before the library closes.
- If the room notebook is not returned on time fines will accrue at $6 per hour, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.