Copying, Printing, Scanning & Faxing
- A self-serve copier is available in the Business Library.
- Copier accepts coins, $1 bills and $5 bills, and copy cards.
- The Business Library does not provide change.
Copy Center Hours
- The Copy Center closes 1/2 hour prior to the closing of the Library.
- Copies are $.10 per page ($.09 per page when using a copy card).
- Transparencies can be purchased at the Circulation Desk for $.60 per page. Only transparencies purchased in the Business Library can be used on the self-serve copiers.
- Printing using credits via the MSU Print system is available in the Gast Business Library to patrons with an MSU NetID. We are unable to accept money for printing.
- Patrons may use one of three black and white laser printers (5 cents/print), or the color laser printer (40 cents/print).
- Purchase credit online at print.msu.edu.
- Prints may be generated directly through MSU Print from any of over 100 of our public computer workstations. Or wirelessly from laptops, using the Webprint feature of MSU Print. Using MSU Print, Webprint, prints may also be generated from anywhere in the world, to be printed in our library.
- Prints may also be generated from any of our selected resources computers, utilizing the Webprint feature, however you cannot save a file to the selected resource computers so you must first save the file you want to print to an external drive such as a thumb drive. There are also file type restrictions using Webprint. The advantage of using the selected resource computer would be that they do not require you to login and wait for the computer to configure.
- For complete information about using the self-service laser printers, visit print.msu.edu
- The Business Library has a Scan Station available in the Copy Center. It doesn’t require any log in and has both flatbed with a book edge and sheet feed options. It also is a fax machine for outgoing faxes only. See the Faxing section below for more information.
- Scan to Email, USB, and Google Docs.
- Cost: $.05 per scanned page. Payment options: Cash, or Copy Card.
- See also: Scanning Options at the MSU Libraries (PDF).
- The Business Library’s Scan Station offers the ability to send faxes.
- The fax is sent to the phone line through the internet.
- Cost: US/Canada: $.50 per page. International: $1 per page. Note you are charged for optional cover sheet if selected. Payment options: Cash, or Copy Card.
- Cash - Copiers are self service and accept coins, $1 bills and $5 bills.
Copy Cards -Copy Cards may be purchased in the Main Library at a dispenser near the Circulation Desk. The dispenser accepts five dollar ($5) bills only. The card is dispensed with $4.50 value. You may use this card at any coin/card operated copiers in the Business Library or Main Library. The card may be revalued at any copy machine coin box and reused indefinitely. Copies made with the copy card are $.09 each. Copies paid with coins are $.10 each.
Please note: These cards may not be used in the College of Law Library.
Note: The Business Library does not provide change and we are unable to accept money for printing.