Access to Elsevier digital content will be unavailable on Saturday evening, August 1st, during a systems upgrade beginning at 6:00 PM Eastern Time and continuing for up to five (5) hours. Among materials affected are the following frequently-used resources: ScienceDirect, Scopus, Engineering Village, Mendeley, SciVal, Reaxys, and Embase.
- The truck is received by the Monographs Quality Control staff member and is delivered by a Conservation staff member.
Look up each book in the catalog. Then:
- Barcode. Make sure it is on the back If no barcode is present, give it one, unless it is going to Special Collections. If it has been bar-coded on the inside, duplicate barcode it on the back. There will sometimes be a barcode included on a slip of paper in the book. Make a decision about keeping that barcode (by duplication) or replacing it with a new one.
- If the call # is not written on the inside of the book, replace it.
- If the book is going to a branch library, stamp it for its destination and make sure its barcode is yellow.
- If the piece is in a preservation box, barcode the box and put a duplicate barcode on the back of the book.
Check item records for:
- status: it should be clear of the letters: r, p, or i. The default status is "-", but it may also have a status "o".
- note from Conservation discussing the work done on the book
- Clean up item as necessary, i.e. volume holdings, spacing etc.
- "Erase" flags. Bring all books with this flag to circulation. Give to the supervisor on duty so they can distribute work to students.
- Flags with barcodes. Use your own discretion. Either use that barcode and dup a new one for the back, or throw it away and give the book a new barcode on the back. If you chose to give it a new one, make sure to enter the information into the item record.
- All other flags: recycle or throw away.
- If the book has been checked for the above-mentioned things, has the correct call # label, and has been bar-coded on the back, it can go directly to central distribution.
- Keep the remaining books without labels on the truck and add the truck to the labeling flow. Give it a # and mark the truck on blue truck flow sheet near room W128.
- After truck is labeled, it will come back to Monograph Quality Controller who will revise it and put books onto the central distribution shelves on 1 East.
- Return truck to Conservation or email them to come pick it up.