Access to Elsevier digital content will be unavailable on Saturday evening, August 1st, during a systems upgrade beginning at 6:00 PM Eastern Time and continuing for up to five (5) hours. Among materials affected are the following frequently-used resources: ScienceDirect, Scopus, Engineering Village, Mendeley, SciVal, Reaxys, and Embase.
Paperback books for Binding Prep
GUIDELINES FOR PULLING PAPERBACKS TO SEND TO BINDING PREPARATION
- Books with loose pages or loose covers
- Softbound single-signature books (folded pages stapled or sewn thru the center)
- Books with tape, staples, spiral, comb, or other such plastic or metal holders (including 3-ring binders)
- Softbound books that are 8 1/2" x 11" or larger in size (as big or bigger than a standard sheet of copy paper)
- Softbound books that are very narrow and can be lost between other books once shelved (1/4" or less, use wood block with cut-out groove as guide)
- Books that make a cracking sound or break in half when opened
- Do NOT pull any paperbacks in Chinese, Hebrew, Amharic, etc. languages, (pull book if it has Roman style alphabet, this includes Russian) unless they are falling apart or in need of some type of repair.
These guidelines apply to the following locations (except c.2's when there is a c.1 already in stacks):
MAIN / OVERSIZE
FINE ARTS-ART (stapled paperbacks ONLY)
GOV DOCS (International ONLY)
After pulling the paperbacks, stamp or sticker each book with the Library's property stamp/sticker before placing on the staff person's shelf for quality control checking.