Monograph Rush Truck
Monograph rush books are picked up once daily at 11:00 a.m. by a labeling team member.
All labeling work must be completed on the material the same day it is picked up. If the rush book quantity is very large for one day, Browsing material without a patron notify, may be held to process the next day.
The monograph rush truck with material processed in Acquisitions is located in their main aisle, across from the large wooden table. This truck should be moved to labeling to hold the titles as they are being processed.
Monograph rush materials processed in Catalog Maintenance and the CMS team will be found on a shelf in the main aisle, across from W128. As the truck from Acquisitions is moved to labeling, these materials should be placed on it.
Rush material should be picked up at the time specified, kept together on the Acquisitions rush truck, and when the labeling work is completed, the material should be moved to the Catalog Maintenance rush truck located in Catalog Maintenance main aisle. The rush truck from Acquisitions should be returned to its location in that unit when the completed material is moved off of it.
All flags and streamers found in the material should be left in the pieces.
Most rush material should be processed following the usual guidelines for labeling materials.
Some material requires different processing:
- Does not get a date due slip.
- A letter "R" should be placed above the call number label.
OTHER LOCATIONS AND SPECIAL HANDLING
- Faculty Books – Label and Barcoding (Procedures > Physical Processing… > MSU Faculty Book Collection (Labeling and Barcoding)
- Conservation Lab Truck (Tech. Services > Procedures > Miscellaneous Maintenance > Conservation Truck)
- Notifies – are processed and barcoded the same as any MSU Library location book, but are given to Circulation for patron rush request.
CHILDREN’S BOOK COLLECTION
- Books destined for the Children’s Juvenile collection will have a lavender JUV streamer. The letter “P” will be placed underneath the JUV letters for books designated for picture book section.
- The bib record should also have a series title, "s 830 0 MSU Children's & YA Literature Collection.|5MiEM"
- Do not stamp JUV or Children above the hand written call number which is located inside the book.
- A lavender date due slip is used for these materials and placed on the first fly of the piece.
- All children books will have “MSU JUV Book Collection” label (same as Faculty book label) placed above the call number label on the piece. For picture books, place “PICTURE” label above the “MSU JUV Book Collection.”
- Books with a book jacket - Two call number labels are used: One call number label is placed on the piece itself, and a second call number label is placed on the book jacket. Additionally, a "MSU JUV Book Collection" label is placed on the book jacket above the call number label. Do not place a "MSU JUV Book Collection" label on the piece itself. After the labels are placed on the book jacket, cover it with a plastic cover. Barcode both the book jacket and the piece.
- Books destined for Browsing will have an orange flag in them.
- Do not stamp "Browsing" over the call number which is located on the inside of the book.
- A orange date due slip is used for the material and is placed on the first fly of the piece.
- Books with a book jacket - Two call number labels are used: One call number label is placed on the piece itself, and a second call number label is placed on the book jacket. Additionally, a "Browsing" label is placed on the book jacket above the call number label. Do not place a "Browsing" label on the piece itself. After the labels are placed on the book jacket, cover it with a plastic cover.
- Books with a book jacket – Place a barcode on the back of the piece itself, and a duplicate barcode on the back of the book jacket.
- Books without a book jacket - A call number label is placed on the piece itself and a "Browsing" label is placed above the call number label.
- Label and barcode books as normal rush books.
- Branch Libraries maintain their own Reference sub locations, item Itype, and Status codes.
- When processing is complete staff will check-in item as in-transit before placing books on their mail shelf. When books are marked In-transit that will erase any changes made to Itype and Status field.
Deliver FINSIHED BOOKS to Steve in Circulation, and Interlibrary Loan books are delivered to ILL.