Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Faded Duplicate Barcode
Circulation may find barcodes that are unscannable. The following procedures should be followed to place scannable barcodes on the pieces.
- Circ. will add a streamer to unscannable books and they will come to Catalog Maintenance on the Cat/Circ Review truck.
If there IS A BARCODE on the inside of the book:
- Peel off the shield on the outside, back of the book. The top layer of the barcode will come off with the shield
- Duplicate the barcode on the inside of the book. Affix the duplicated barcode to the back cover and place a shield over it.
- No catalog verification or checking is needed.
If there IS NO BARCODE on the inside of the book:
- Peel off the shield over the barcode.
- Affix a new barcode to the back of the book and place a shield over it.
- Update the catalog item record with the new barcode number.
- Pieces should be returned to the stacks with other Cat/Circ Review materials.