Faded Duplicate Barcode
Circulation may find barcodes that are unscannable. The following procedures should be followed to place scannable barcodes on the pieces.
- Circ. will add a streamer to unscannable books and they will come to Catalog Maintenance on the Cat/Circ Review truck.
If there IS A BARCODE on the inside of the book:
- Peel off the shield on the outside, back of the book. The top layer of the barcode will come off with the shield
- Duplicate the barcode on the inside of the book. Affix the duplicated barcode to the back cover and place a shield over it.
- No catalog verification or checking is needed.
If there IS NO BARCODE on the inside of the book:
- Peel off the shield over the barcode.
- Affix a new barcode to the back of the book and place a shield over it.
- Update the catalog item record with the new barcode number.
- Pieces should be returned to the stacks with other Cat/Circ Review materials.