We are currently experiencing problems accessing our catalog, the vendor has been contacted make appropriate repairs.
Music CD/DVD processing
Music CDs/DVDs will be cataloged by a copy or original cataloger. The CDs/DVDs will be given to the Catalog Maintenance team member assigned to handle the final steps and labeling.
Steps for processing:
- The next accession number on the sheet of labels will be placed on the CD/DVD case, on the front, the upper left corner.
The same number will be placed in the bib record.
- use the 099 field, for indexing in the “Other” call number index.
- CD XXXXXX , or DVD XXXXXX will be typed in the field, with a space between CD/DVD and the number.
- The case will be bar coded with a pink bar code, on the front, the upper right corner.
- The bar code number will be placed in the item record and a 7 placed in the IType field. The item record location should be: muncd (for CDs), muvid (for DVDs).
- Substantial booklets in the CD/DVD case will have the accession number written on the booklet on the front, upper left corner.
- A title with two CDs/DVDs in the case will have the accession number written on each CD/DVD. The case will have the accession call number label.
CD/DVD titles with multiple cases will need to have the accession number call number on all cases.
- each case will need the call number and a volume or part number.
- cases will go to Catalog Maintenance labeling area for creation of full call number label for one case, with volume or part number.
- case with original accession number label will need a label with the volume or part number.
Add copy CDs/DVDs will be sent directly to labeling.
- a yellow sticky will be placed on the case with the CD/DVD call number as it appears in the catalog record
- a label will be typed with c.2 on the label, or a separate c.2 label could be used
- the labeled case will go to the CD/DVD bar coder for the pink bar code