Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Online access code procedure
* Exception for Salem Press Items:
Write access code found on back cover and give to Michelle Sancho.
- Check the order record in the catalog to identify the selector.
- Notify the selector of the presence of the code.
- If the code is contained in an envelope or on a card that can be removed from the book,
- remove the code
- photocopy the title page of the book.
- send the code and photocopy to the selector in library mail
- If the code cannot be removed from the book,
- uncover the code if necessary (scratch off any coating that hides the code)
- photocopy the page containing the (revealed) code
- photocopy the title page of the book
- send the two photocopies to the selector in library mail
- Use a black marker if needed to obliterate a revealed access code.
Catalog or process the book and send it through to labeling/barcoding. Do not add a note indicating presence of the code to the catalog record.