Online access code procedure
* Exception for Salem Press Items:
Write access code found on back cover and give to Michelle Sancho.
- Check the order record in the catalog to identify the selector.
- Notify the selector of the presence of the code.
- If the code is contained in an envelope or on a card that can be removed from the book,
- remove the code
- photocopy the title page of the book.
- send the code and photocopy to the selector in library mail
- If the code cannot be removed from the book,
- uncover the code if necessary (scratch off any coating that hides the code)
- photocopy the page containing the (revealed) code
- photocopy the title page of the book
- send the two photocopies to the selector in library mail
- Use a black marker if needed to obliterate a revealed access code.
Catalog or process the book and send it through to labeling/barcoding. Do not add a note indicating presence of the code to the catalog record.