Paying Monographs Invoices in Sierra
- This procedure applies to invoices paid as part of the Receiving process (Rita Jenkins)
Pay monographs invoices for these vendors only:
**Yankee Book Peddler
- Group invoices to be paid by vendor and then by date.
In the ADMIN drop-down menu choose SETTINGS, then INVOICE tab.
Check these options:
- Don’t ask these questions
- Warn if the item has not been received
- In the USE CURRENCY box, make sure the selection is LOCAL CURRENCY.
- Check these options:
Go to the FUNCTIONS section
- Under the Payment options, select PAY AN INVOICE
- Choose an open session and click the Select button.
Key an invoice
- Enter the invoice number and date in the boxes along the top of the invoice.
- Key in p.o. number (.o number) and check the EPRICE fixed field against the amount charged on the paper invoice. Take questions to Huei.
- Key in the price in the AMOUNT box.
- When all orders have been entered, press ENTER to quit.
- "ARE YOU DONE?” – click YES
- Check the invoice display against the printed invoice.
- Click FINISH
- A query box will display asking you to verify if the amount is correct. Enter or click USE.
- "ARE YOU SURE?” -- click YES
- Take stats (number of titles, number of invoices).
- Prepare voucher.
General Things to Watch Out For:
- PAY ATTENTION TO POP-UP BOXES
If the invoice includes only 1 title
- it’s OK to add the shipping charges to the price and enter that amount in the AMOUNT box on the online invoices screen
If the invoice includes 2 or more items,
- key in just the book cost in the AMOUNT box and add the shipping charges on the invoice summary screen.
- The system will automatically divide the charge amount the items on the invoice.
- DO NOT POST
- If the invoice includes only 1 title