Short Term Data Storage & File Sharing
Short Term Data Storage is typically described as the length of a research process from initiation to final publication, plus three years. This is because as the designated steward of research data, MSU Faculty are required to retain primary data for three years after publication. Given that storage and backup of research data oftentimes involves managing personal, departmental, and university-wide storage solutions it can be difficult to provision for this three year baseline. During the active research process capability for file sharing may not always be included with short term storage options. File sharing services provide the ability to transfer files between project collaborators. The following service providers offer short-term storage and/or file sharing services.
- Biomedical Research Informatics Core (BRIC)
- Institute for Cyber-Enabled Research (iCER)
- Institute for Research on Teaching and Learning College of Education (IRTL)
- Information Technology Services (ITS)
- Office for Survey Research (OSR)
- Visual Resource Library (VRL)