Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Research Data Management Guidance
The Research Data Management Guidance service is a joint effort between the MSU Libraries and University Archives to respond to the emerging concern surrounding research data management. Effective research data management is an active and ongoing process during the entire research lifecycle, from project conception to long after it is finished.
Our purpose is:
- To provide guidance to faculty in the development and execution of research data management plans.
- To connect faculty to distributed research data support services throughout the university.
- To educate students, faculty, and staff about the importance of data management.
Best practices for research data management can
- help you secure grant funding
- enhance the ability to share data internally during a project
- bring traditional library and archival expertise for the organization and care of digital information to your own personal research projects
- create a data output that can become part of the scholarly record, earning recognition and citations
- help you make efficient and effective use of research funding
Aaron Collie - Digital Curation Librarian
Ranti Junus - Systems Librarian
Hailey Mooney - Data Services and Reference Librarian
Thomas Padilla - Digital Humanities, Linguistics, Philosophy Librarian
Lisa Schmidt - Electronic Records Archivist
Cynthia Ghering - Director of Archives
Shawn Nicholson - Assistant Director for Digital Information