Water Emergency: First Response
- REMAIN CALM. Personal safety comes first. Never enter a flooded area until you are confident there is no electrical or toxic hazard.
- CALL CIRCULATION DESK: 517.355.2333
Provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your location
- Nature and size of the emergency and exact location affected by water
Circulation will then call the appropriate service personnel to remedy the situation.
- For the MAIN LIBRARY, Circulation staff will then bring rolling barrel of disaster recovery supplies to you.
- For BRANCH LIBRARIES, go to the the Disaster Barrel.
- If water is coming from ceiling on to books or anything that might be damaged by water, throw plastic sheeting over the area.
- If a plastic wastebasket could catch drips place it appropriately under the leak.
- If water is on the floor, put down gator tails to keep it contained.
- Cordon off the affected area with "Do Not Enter" tape.