Renew Library Materials Online
- Log in to your library account. For more information on this, please see Your Library Account
- Select the "# item(s) currently checked out" link.
- Select the items you wish to renew
- Click "Renew" at the bottom of the page, or "Renew All" to renew all renewable items.
- You will then be able to view the updated due dates.
- Don't forget to log out!
- Some library material is not eligible for renewal. If you attempt to renew such material, "Renewal not allowed" will appear in the status field (near the due date).
- If you renew an item, you are confirming that you still have that item.
Therefore, before renewing, you are responsible for:
- Carefully matching material (on the next screens) that you plan to renew against library material in your possession.
- Immediately reporting any discrepancy to the branch library from which material was checked out or (for Main Library items) Circulation Services at 517/355-2333.
- After clicking "renew," you must examine the STATUS column for each book to determine IF it has actually been renewed.
- If it has been renewed, note the new due date for your records.
- If it did not renew, return the material promptly! NOTE: Even if you don't notice that an item did not renew, you are responsible for any overdue/recall fines.
A current copy of the "Lending Policies and Borrower Responsibilities" of the MSU Libraries is available.