The basic biomedical sciences collection of books and journals at Michigan State University is at the Main Library. The majority of our biomedical and biology journals now come as electronic-only subscriptions.
- 18 Ways to Improve Your PubMed Searches
- Choosing the Appropriate Biological Literature Database
- Researching Controversial Topics in Biotechnology (undergraduate focus)
- Biology Careers Resources
- Journal Impact Factors
- Laboratory Protocols
- Using SciFinder Scholar
- Guides for Specific MSU Biology Courses
- Encyclopedia of Life Sciences
- Faculty of 1000 Biology
Continually updated Web resource from ASM based on the classic book: Escherichia coli and Salmonella: Cellular and Molecular Biology. It contains an archive of knowledge about the enteric bacterial cell with background and links to active databases of primary research information.
Contains articles written by scientists at the introductory and advanced level for all areas of biology. Good for background information on a topic.
Faculty of 1000 Biology is described as "the next generation literature awareness tool". It systematically highlights and reviews the most interesting papers published in the biological sciences, based on the recommendations of a faculty of well over 1000 selected leading researchers.