Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Faculty/Staff Delivery Request
MSU faculty and staff members may request that books be checked out to them and delivered to their offices or branch libraries. After finding an item in the MSU Libraries catalog, use the Faculty Delivery link in the catalog to request that it be checked out to a MSU faculty/staff member and sent to his/her campus office or held for pickup at a branch library. The Faculty Delivery link is the call number to the right of the status column of the book's record (under Faculty Delivery).
Then, login to your ILLiad account and the form will be automatically filled. Do not use ILLiad to request that an item be delivered to the library from which it circulates (e.g. requesting that an item from the Engineering Branch be delivered to the Engineering Branch).
Please note the following policies for this service:
- Material will usually be delivered within five business days. If requested material is checked out or cannot be found, we will request it from another library and notify you by email. If you have not received email and have not received your material in ten business days, please email MSU Libraries Interlibrary Services to request the status of your request.
- If a faculty/staff member's office is in or adjacent to a building with a branch library, material may be delivered to the branch because it is more secure and quicker. (Office delivery is by campus mail. Branch deliveries are daily by library van.)
- Faculty/staff member may request a maximum of five items per day for delivery, but no more than ten in any seven-day period.
Material not eligible for Faculty/staff Delivery:
- Non-circulating material: reference, microforms, current periodicals, special collections, and reserves.
- Seven-day loan resources in the Gerald M Kline Digital and Multimedia Center and Fine Arts Library - DVDs, records, videos, and CDs.