United Klans of America Collection
Table of contents
Researchers wishing to cite this collection should include the following information:
Box number, Folder number and/or title, United Klans of America Collection, MSS 202, Special Collections, Michigan State University Main Library
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this archive, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
The UKA Collection features letters, flyers, posters, and several internal documents. Also included is realia and two robes.
The United Klans of American was the largest Ku Klux Klan organization in the United States. Led by Robert Shelton, the UKA peaked in popularity and membership in the 1960s and 1970s. Its national headquarters was outside Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
- Holdings list prepared by previous owner
- Christmas cards and order form
- Various membership application forms
- Minutes of Klan Unit #10 (2 pgs.)
- Unit monthly financial account, Dec. 1976-Jan. 1977
- Financial papers and forms - miscellaneous
- Newspapers with Klan coverage ca. 1970
- American Independent Party - Wallace for President, 1968, 1972
- United Klan of America realia including calling cards, humorous cards, stickers and decals, official cards, men's and women's patches, robe protocol, passport (1977), certificate of award and appreciation, identification of symbols, robe etiquette
- Tuscola County Klavern invitation to burning of cross
- "What a Klansman must do when the FBI calls on you" - 3 cards
- Newsletter from William Chaney, Grand Dragon, United Klans of America, Inc., April 11, 13. Newsletter from William Chaney, National Coordinator, Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, Invisible Empire - Northern and Southern 1976-1979
- Newsletter from William Chaney, Imperial Wizard, Confederation Independent Orders Invisible Empire... 1977-1978
- "Grand Klorero," February 1, 1975. Montrose, Michigan. Announcement and agenda
- "Grand Klorero," February 18, 1973, Lake Odesa [sic], Vassar, Michigan. Announcement and agenda. 2 copies
- "Kumbined Konservative Kamporee, Vassar, Michigan, " July 4, 1971. Schedule of events
- "Free Association Forum, 1972, Michigan." February 19, 1972. Program
- "National Klonvocation, " Lakeland, Florida, Sept. 4-5, 1975. Announcement, arrangements, newsletters
- "Dinner Program," October 17, 1970. Flint, Michigan. Includes "Song Sheet"
- The Southern and Scottish Family Association Dinner Program, April 12, 1975
- "Annual Camparee," UKA, July 1-4, 197-.
- Newsletters, 1970-1975. United Klans of America, Inc. Michigan State Office, Dearborn, Michigan
- "The True Story of the Ku Klux Klan," 1 pg.
- "Anti Klan Activities..." Memo from Office of Grand Klaliff [no date]
- Junior Order of the UKA. Assorted youth recruitment materials
- James E. Wells for Governor pamphlet 1974.
- "Church of the White Christ" - flyer, February 18, 1973.
- John Birch Society - flyer.
- National States Rights Party - invitation to meeting.
- National Klan Rally, August 31, t974 - invitation and flyer
- Aryan Nations - flyer.
- National Socialist White People's Party - 2 flyers.
- American White Nationalist Party - "Applications for Membership"
- "Oath of Allegiance, " United Klan Knight of the KKK of America, Inc.
- Imperial Office Newsletters, U.K.A., and "Introducing Your National Office..."
- Patriots Inter organization Communication Center - 3 letters.
- U.K.A. Unit Monthly Financial Report - Blank pad.
- U.K.A. Minutes - Blank pad.
- William M. Chaney - Assorted materials.
- Banishment of Roy Frankhouser, May 1977 - 2 items.
- Pontiac, Michigan bus incident, ca. 1970, various items.
- Letter from Robert Shelton, Imperial Wizard - inter office memo.
- "Who is Sandra DuPree?"
- "What Feathers Do You Deserve?" article by Robert Miles accompanied with letter from Miles to Robert Shelton, Oct. 12, 1971.
- Card of thanks from "Woody" Fruit for financial support while in Federal Prison for Pontiac bus bombing.
- Various certificates of merit to Jack D. Scott.
- Material dealing specifically with African Americans.
- Responsibilities of officers, mimeographed 3 pgs.
- "Legal Defense Fund Summary.
- Fiery Cross Magazine - Solicitation letter.
- Western Front - letter from editor, Walter White, Jr., explaining the threat of the "Genocide Treaty."
- Jewish Threat - 2 items.
- "Save Our Land" Poster - seven total.
- Miscellaneous Klan notes.
- Imperial Office Newsletter, 1970-
- U.K.A. Pamphlets - 12 total.
- Fiery Cross Newsletter - 5 total, ca.1970. 59. "This is the internal capture of the U.S., the proposed Potomac River Rasin Compact, " ca. 1973.
- Miscellaneous U.K.A. flyers.
- United Klans of America Realia and Ephemera.
- U.K.A. Medal with porcelin blood drop dated 1961
- Plaque awarded Bobby Shelton, 1971-1972.
- U.K.A. (?) Plaque dated 1961
- Various stamps (4)
- Calling cards
- Stamp for Lakeland Konvocation, 1975.
- 2 KKK Pennants
- Various cloth badges from 1975 Klonvocation.
- 1 placemat from 1975 Klonvocation.
- U.K.A. Men's White Satin Robe with blood drop patch, insignia or Imperial Klarogo and Exalted Cyclops, red, blue, and green sleeve stripes, purple sash, and hat with silk mask.
- Ku Klux Klan Men's Robe with blood drop insignia patch One "Wallace for President" Poster
- Miscellaneous newspaper articles on Ku Klux Klan, ca. 1970.
- Ku Klux Klan photograph.