Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Find Books in the MSU Libraries Catalog
What Can I Find in the Library Catalog?
Books and e-books, magazine and journal titles*, newspaper titles*, movies, government documents, MSU theses and dissertations, maps, music and audio recordings, music scores, and more...
Book Checked Out?
* Note You cannot use the catalog to find individual articles within a magazine, journal, or newspaper - you must use a periodical index for that. Learn more about finding Articles.
- eBook Collection (formerly NetLibrary) - contains over 10,000 e-books on a broad range of topics
- Literature Online - contains over 350,000 works of English and American poetry, drama, and prose
- Safari Tech Books Online - contains over 90 computer science, software, and technology e-books
- Safari Business Books Online - contains 50 e-books on general business, management, marketing, supply chain/logistics, and human resources.
- Oxford Reference Online - contains over 170 encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other reference works
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - contains over 100 encyclopedias and other reference works
- Google Book Search - search the full text of thousands of books
Find Books on Reserve
Find books and other materials placed on reserve for your class by your professor by visiting the Course Reserves page.