American Biscuit And M'F'G Co.: 309 And 311 Douglas St., Sioux City, Iowa
The front panel is die-cut with a girl holding an umbrella and nosegay as she looks over the fence at a boy who is reaching for the nosegay. The back panel shows their backs with a dog sleeping next to the fence. In 1890, the company was organized under the guidance of Adolphus W. Green, a Chicago laywer. Midwest bakers who joined the company included Aldrich Bakery and Bremner Baker in Chicago, Dozier Baking Co. in St. Louis, Carpenter and Under-Wood in Milwaukee, Langeles Bakers of New Orleans, Loose Brothers of Kansas City, and the Sommer-Richardson Bakery of St. Joseph, Missouri. In 1898 this company and other U.S. conglomerates became the National Biscuit Co.
Donor: Sliker, Shirley Brocker
Brand Name: American Biscuit
Publisher: American Biscuit and Manufacturing Co. (Sioux City, Iowa)
14.9 x 14.6 cm
Copyright: This item is in the public domain.
Citation: American Biscuit And M'F'G Co.: 309 And 311 Douglas St., Sioux City, Iowa. The Alan and Shirley Brocker Sliker Collection, MSS 314, Special Collections, Michigan State University Libraries. Available at http://www.lib.msu.edu/exhibits/sliker/detail.jsp?id=4120