About the Grant
The Teaching Young Americans grant was submitted to the Save America’s Treasures (SAT) organization with five main goals:
- Create a database to track 1,500 books, their condition and conservation treatment needs, and their location during the course of the project;
- Survey the text book and Sunday school book collections;
- Perform conservation work on those books that needed attention;
- Create an exhibit, both in the library and online to highlight the conservation work performed;
- Promote the resources of the MSU Libraries and specifically the Teaching Young Americans collection.
Michigan State University’s Save America's Treasures grant was funded by a public-private partnership between the National Park Service and the National Trust for Historic Preservation and administered through the National Endowment for the Humanities.