Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Keys to reduced stress in Project Sewing
- Properly adjusted equipment.
- Work surfaces should be at elbow height, back straight.
- Knees and seat at about 90 degrees
- Set up work space to avoid twisting and lifting, leaning, bending, stretching or other high stress movements.
- Keep supplies and tools needed in easy reach.
- Strategically placed and sufficient to avoid shadows or glare.
- Use tools designed to lessen stress of repetitive motion or contact injury, such as electric scissors, spring loaded scissors, rotary cutter, fabric weights (instead of pinning).
- Keep equipment in good condition for smoother operation and less physical stress.
Change up tasks
- Plan project so can move to different tasks more frequently, or plan the project over several time periods to avoid doing a single task for long period.