Keys to reduced stress in Project Sewing
- Properly adjusted equipment.
- Work surfaces should be at elbow height, back straight.
- Knees and seat at about 90 degrees
- Set up work space to avoid twisting and lifting, leaning, bending, stretching or other high stress movements.
- Keep supplies and tools needed in easy reach.
- Strategically placed and sufficient to avoid shadows or glare.
- Use tools designed to lessen stress of repetitive motion or contact injury, such as electric scissors, spring loaded scissors, rotary cutter, fabric weights (instead of pinning).
- Keep equipment in good condition for smoother operation and less physical stress.
Change up tasks
- Plan project so can move to different tasks more frequently, or plan the project over several time periods to avoid doing a single task for long period.