Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Try not to read in bed. If you do, use a reading pillow.
- Use indirect lighting. Direct lighting will cause eye strain as the pupils will contract to compensate.
- Find an eBook edition if the book is bulky. Adjust text size to reduce eye strain.
- If you can’t attain an eReader, use a book stand so you don't have to bend your head down. Adjust book to eye level to prevent eye strain.
- Practice 20/20/20 technique. (Every 20 minutes, look at an object 20 feed away for at least 20 seconds.)