The Main Library will not open until 8:30 am on Friday, June 30 because we will be holding a secure-in-place drill.
Playing and practicing music requires repetitive motion and lots of it. To avoid "musical" injuries...
- Maintain a healthy posture when playing
- Stretch before and after playing
- Properly warm up—practice scales or ”jam” prior to playing
- Strengthen the arms, wrists and hands by doing appropriate exercises
- Take adequate breaks
Ergonomics for the musician...the small muscle athletes.
- Pain is not an early warning system. When you feel pain it because damage is happening. Change positions or stop.
- Go slow and have shorter practice sessions. No more than five minutes of new material at a time. Maximum six repetitions.