Access to Elsevier digital content will be unavailable on Saturday evening, August 1st, during a systems upgrade beginning at 6:00 PM Eastern Time and continuing for up to five (5) hours. Among materials affected are the following frequently-used resources: ScienceDirect, Scopus, Engineering Village, Mendeley, SciVal, Reaxys, and Embase.
Playing video games "un-ergonomically" can lead to:
- repetitive strain injuries
- skin disorders
- pain and/or numbness in hands, wrists, back and neck
- other health issues
What can you do?
- Take 10-15 minute break every hour you're playing
- Stretch often
- Do 15-20 minutes of cardio activity daily to improve circulation and increase oxygen flow to the arms
- Use pillows to support your arms
- Use a light touch when using controllers
- Keep arms relaxed and controller close to your lap
- Have adequate lighting and eliminate glare on screen
- Prevent eye strain by following 20-20-20 rule
- For every 20 minutes of play, focus for 20 seconds on an object 20 feet away