Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Playing video games "un-ergonomically" can lead to:
- repetitive strain injuries
- skin disorders
- pain and/or numbness in hands, wrists, back and neck
- other health issues
What can you do?
- Take 10-15 minute break every hour you're playing
- Stretch often
- Do 15-20 minutes of cardio activity daily to improve circulation and increase oxygen flow to the arms
- Use pillows to support your arms
- Use a light touch when using controllers
- Keep arms relaxed and controller close to your lap
- Have adequate lighting and eliminate glare on screen
- Prevent eye strain by following 20-20-20 rule
- For every 20 minutes of play, focus for 20 seconds on an object 20 feet away