The Main Library will not open until 8:30 am on Friday, June 30 because we will be holding a secure-in-place drill.
Playing video games "un-ergonomically" can lead to:
- repetitive strain injuries
- skin disorders
- pain and/or numbness in hands, wrists, back and neck
- other health issues
What can you do?
- Take 10-15 minute break every hour you're playing
- Stretch often
- Do 15-20 minutes of cardio activity daily to improve circulation and increase oxygen flow to the arms
- Use pillows to support your arms
- Use a light touch when using controllers
- Keep arms relaxed and controller close to your lap
- Have adequate lighting and eliminate glare on screen
- Prevent eye strain by following 20-20-20 rule
- For every 20 minutes of play, focus for 20 seconds on an object 20 feet away