Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Workstation Set Up
An employee can spend a lot of time at her/his workstation. Therefore, it is very important to make sure your workstation is safe and comfortable. Here are some recommendations to make that happen:
- Keep the top of the monitor at or just below eye level.
- Your head and neck should be in-line with your torso.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed and your elbows close to your body. Your elbows should form slightly more than a 90 degree angle.
- Your chair should support your back.
- Your hands and wrists should be kept straight. Do not bend your hands up at the wrists!
- Keep your keyboard, mouse, and other items you use frequently, close to you.
- Your feet should be flat on the ground or use a footrest to support your feet.
- Room lighting should match screen brightness.
- Less light is better. Need more light as age.
- Use task lights if necessary. Light should be where work is occurring and should not be directly overhead. Position to reduce glare and shadows.
- Use a document holder or headphones if necessary.
- See our section on dual monitors.
- For more information see: