Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Digital Text Services
Digital Text Services (DTS) provides assistance and potential collaboration in the capture, creation, and management of digital text that supports Digital Humanities research. These activities will educate students, faculty, and staff about the importance of digital text creation, storage, and dissemination. By building on Library collections and drawing upon relevant library services, Digital Text Services drives Digital Humanities research forward at Michigan State University.
Areas of Specialization
- Advising: Project planning, including contact with vendors, resource advising, grant writing assistance
- Text and Corpora: Text mining, API development, curation and storage of text data
- Visualization: Information visualization
- Digitization: Digitization of text, images, audio, and video to support Library collaboration with campus units
- Metadata: Best practices in metadata usage with digital projects
- Copyright Consultation: See the Library Office of Copyright