Due to major system maintenance, you will not be able to request items through MeLCat beginning on November 18, 2015. Renewals for MeLCat items will still be possible until December 2, 2015. The system should be available for requesting again in early December. If you are MSU faculty, student or staff, please try Uborrow. Our community borrowers will not have access to interlibrary loan through MSU during that time. For more information, please read this MeLCat Server Migration FAQ. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Circulation & Lending Policies
- A Valid MSU student, faculty, staff or community patron ID is required to borrow materials.
- Material can be renewed online via the Your Library Account page or at the Gull Lake branch.
- All items are subject to recall after two weeks, if requested by another user.
- If requesting materials using the web request forms, the required fields must be filled out completely and the lending criteria must be met for the loan to be delivered.
- Circulating materials (with the exception of course reserve materials) may be returned at the MSU Main Library or at any of the MSU library branch locations.
- Gull Lake reference materials do not circulate.
Books and Theses
All Gull Lake Books - 2 weeks (regardless of the patron type).
- Books are renewable online.
- Gull Lake Bound Journals - Do NOT circulate
- Gull Lake Unbound Journals - Do NOT circulate
Course Reserves - 2 hour checkout - no overnight
- Reserve materials accumulate fines at the rate of $1.00 per hour, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.