Access to Elsevier digital content will be unavailable on Saturday evening, August 1st, during a systems upgrade beginning at 6:00 PM Eastern Time and continuing for up to five (5) hours. Among materials affected are the following frequently-used resources: ScienceDirect, Scopus, Engineering Village, Mendeley, SciVal, Reaxys, and Embase.
Services for KBS Researchers
Because the Gull Lake Library is the most remote branch library in the MSU Libraries system, we assist two different types of patrons with services that are suited to their specific needs. KBS Patrons are those faculty and students who are located at the Kellogg Biological Station for an extended period of time to advance their studies or research.
The following information applies primarily to KBS patrons:
- All requests for materials that are not located at the KBS branch library, will go through the Interlibrary Services department of the MSU Libraries system. This includes items located on the main campus as well as materials not owned by MSU. Both books and articles can be requested through Interlibrary Services. If you have not set up an ILLiad profile, please contact the Gull Lake Library for assistance.
- All Interlibrary Loan books and Main campus books can be returned to the Gull Lake branch for delivery back to campus.
- A valid MSU ID is required to check out books or request articles from the library system.
Request a book or article that the Gull Lake Branch Library at KBS does not own
- Book will be sent via Fed Ex to the Gull Lake branch to be distributed to KBS patrons. An e-mail will be sent when the item is available for pickup.
- Article will be scanned as a pdf. and delivered to your ILLiad account. An e-mail will be sent to the patron when the item is ready for downloading.
Book Purchase Requests
- If you would like to suggest a book for the Gull Lake branch to purchase for their collection, please e-mail the title, publisher and year/edition to the above address.
Course Reserve Requests
- If you will be teaching a course on the KBS campus and would like to have materials placed on hold for your class, you may e-mail the list or place it in the library mailbox.
KBS Contribution Number Requests
- The Gull Lake Library maintains a list of articles published from research that has been conducted at the station. To request a contribution number, please e-mail the article title, author(s), journal, year and any publication information you have.
- Ecology and Evolution Online Resources - Commonly used online resources in the areas of ecology and evolution.
New to the Kellogg Biological Station?
If you have just arrived at KBS and would like to schedule a library tour and/or informational session, please stop by or e-mail us at: email@example.com