Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Second baby giant panda in captivity
Mrs. William H. Harkness, Jr. holds Mei-Mei, a baby giant panda, next to Su-Lin, a grown giant panda. Mrs. Harkness captured both giant pandas and brought them to the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago, Illinois.
27.3 x 15.9 cm
- Baby animals--Illinois--Brookfield--1930-1940
- Harkness, William H., Mrs.
- Mei-Mei (Panda)
- Su-Lin (Panda)
- Zoo keepers--Illinois--Brookfield--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (March 13, 1938), p. 11
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)