Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
The Gumps — Tilda's a diplomat
Tilda, the housekeeper, bribes Chester Gump with a piece of cake to distract him from what she said about his father.
8.5 x 30.3 cm
black and white
- Gump, Chester (Fictitious character)
- Tilda (Fictitious character)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Daily Tribune (July 4, 1938), Sports/Markets/Want Ads, p. 13