Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Launching of world's largest clipper
Numerous spectators watch as the largest clipper ship, the Great Republic, is launched in Boston Harbor in October 1853.
13.6 x 20.5 cm
black and white
- Clipper ships--Massachusetts--Boston--1850-1860
- Great Republic (Clipper ship)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (November 7, 1937), p. 12
- Pix Publishing, Inc.