Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Love the conqueror
In "Love the conqueror," a painting by Jean Leon Gerome, Cupid stands amidst members of the "big cat" family: lions, tigers, a leopard, and jaguar. A black panther licks Cupid's feet. The painting is symbolic of men giving up their power for love.
21.3 x 36.8 cm
- Love the conqueror (Painting)
- Wild cats--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (June 27, 1937), p. 12
- Harding, George F., 1868-1939