Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Baer has his back to the camera and Louis is sideways on the left. Baer's knees buckle as he sinks toward the floor, spectators are in the lower portion of the photo.
14.5 x 10 cm
black and white
- Baer, Max, 1909-1959--Sports
- Boxers (Sports)--New York (State)--New York--1930-1940
- Boxing--New York (State)--New York--1930-1940
- Louis, Joe, 1914-1981--Sports
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (September 29, 1935), p. 3
- Associated Press