Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
One for Joe
Joe Louis returns a left to Max Baer's jaw. Joe is on the left as both men are sideways in view of the camera.
14.4 x 11.7 cm
black and white
- Baer, Max, 1909-1959--Sports
- Boxers (Sports)--New York (State)--New York--1930-1940
- Boxing--New York (State)--New York--1930-1940
- Louis, Joe, 1914-1981--Sports
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (September 29, 1935), p. 3
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)