Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Oil well near Bakersfield, CA
A derrick at the Berry Well near Bakersfield, CA. The well, owned by the General Petroleum Corporation, is drilled to a depth of 11,377 feet.
12 x 6.6 cm
black and white
- General Petroleum Corporation--Facilities--California--Bakersfield--1930-1940
- Oil well drilling rigs--California--Bakersfield--1930-1940
- Oil wells--California--Bakersfield--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (October 14, 1934), n.p.