Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Set sail from Dayton, Ohio
Photograph of T. G. W. Settle and Chester L. Fordney working the ropes while standing atop their balloon, A Century of Progress, while they get ready for their 12-mile-high trip into the air.
11.8 x 7 cm
black and white
- Balloons (Aircraft)--American--Ohio--Dayton--1930-1940
- Century of Progress International Exposition (1933-1934 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Fordney, Chester L.
- Military officers--American--Ohio--Dayton--1930-1940
- Settle, T. G. W.
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (October 14, 1934), n.p.
- Acme Newspictures (New York, N.Y.)