Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Courtney's story of how he smashed auto thieves
A drawing of Cook County State’s Attorney Thomas J. Courtney talking on a telephone. Behind him is a photograph of a warehouse filled with stolen automobiles. Courtney wears a three-piece suit, overcoat, and broad brimmed hat. He holds a cigarette.
33.8 x 36 cm
- Automobile theft--1930-1940
- Men--Clothing & dress--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Courtney, Thomas J. (Thomas James), 1894-1971
- Cook County (Ill.). State's Attorney's Office--People--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 22, 1934), Graphic Section/Camera News Review, p. 9