Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Men put metal coins on their coats for buttons
Photograph of a man in coat and cap with aluminum coins sewn on the coat for buttons.
13 x 7.1 cm
black and white
- Buttons (Fasteners)--1930-1940
- Coins--American--United States--1930-1940
- Depressions--United States--1930-1940
- Men--Clothing & dress--United States--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (December 31, 1933), p. 5
- Underwood & Underwood