Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
"5 and 10 Law" : Wesley Livsey Jones
Photograph of Wesley Livsey Jones, who proposed the "5 and 10 Law" which provided a penalty of 5 years in prison, a $10,000 fee, or both for the first violation of the dry statute during the American Prohibition.
5.7 x 3.7 cm
black and white
- Jones, Wesley Livsey, 1863-1932
- Legislators--United States--1900-1940
- Prohibition--United States--1920-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (November 19, 1933), p. 5