Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
First wet victory in fifteen years : Roosevelt signing beer bill
Photograph of President Franklin D. Roosevelt signing the "beer bill," repealing American Prohibition.
11.4 x 15.5 cm
black and white
- Document signings--Washington (D.C.)--1930-1940
- Presidents--United States--1930-1940
- Prohibition--United States--1930-1940
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (November 19, 1933), p. 5