Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Skeezix, Spud and Whimpy are captured by an African tribe.
39 x 34.5 cm
- Indigenous peoples--Clothing & dress--Africa--1930-1940
- Wallet, Skeezix (Fictitious character)
- Ethnic stereotypes--1930-1940
- Gasoline alley (Comic strip)
- Whimpy (Fictitious character)
- Spud (Fictitious character from King)
- Forced labor--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (July 23, 1933), 8 Pages of Comics, p. 3