Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Robert and Peggy in A Century of Progress : the World's Fair at night
Comic by W. G. Whitford, Robert and Peggy along with their dog admire the fireworks at A Century of Progress International Exhibition, the Chicago World's Fair of 1933. The illustration features a bird's-eye view of the fair, the USS Macon (ZRS-5) dirigible, several airplanes, and boats by Lake Michigan. A second illustration at the bottom of the page features the Electrical Building, Carillon Tower, Travel Building, Golden Temple of Jehol, and Administration Building.
35.0 x 45.0 cm
- Boats--American--Michigan, Lake--1930-1940
- Century of Progress International Exposition (1933-1934 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Children--Clothing & dress--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Exhibition buildings--Illinois--Chicago--1930-1940
- Michigan, Lake--1930-1940
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (June 4, 1933), p. 1