Provide feedback on this item
Please provide details, labels, or ideas that will help this image be more findable and better described.
Chester is punished for tying a spider to a string on the end of a pole and hanging it in front of Tilda's face, prompting her to throw a pan of noodles.
34.8 x 36.2 cm
- Child behavior--1930-1940
- Child discipline--1930-1940
- Gumps (Fictitious characters)
- Practical jokes--1930-1940
- Gump, Chester (Fictitious character)
- Gump, Minerva (Fictitious character)
- Tilda (Fictitious character)
- still image
- These materials are either in the public domain, according to U.S. copyright law, or permission has been obtained from rights owners. The digital version and supplementary materials are available for all educational uses worldwide.
- The Janet A. Ginsburg Chicago Tribune Image Collection
- Chicago Sunday Tribune (May 8, 1932), 8 Pages of Comics, p. 1